Friday, October 03, 2008

Holidays

Since now's the Raya holidays, the cafe food just could not get any worse than now(I hope). I didn't take dinner yesterday and no lunch and dinner today. I survived on chocolates from Labuan, biscuits and oats and milk and raisins and milo.

Enough about the bad. Now the fun part begins.

Labuan
Upon arrival at the Labuan UMS campus, I was shocked. It is so small compared to the main campus. It is practically like 10% the size of the main campus. But one t hing is that is it a lot cleaner and the facilities in the school is better. The hostel is abit dirty though. It's sad to see how university students' ethics and behaviour are just like primary school children.

Anyways, it was 3 days of debate non-stop. The first day, we debated until about 11pm. But I watched Made Of Honour till 1am and I rolled on the bed till nearly 3am before sleeping. Crawled out of the bed at 7am. Debated from 9am till 1am. Actually we finished at 11pm. Then the seniors came up with a game called Mafia. It was so addictive. Before the game, the juniors were all sleepy and tired but once the game started, everyone was alive. The next day it was 7am again and debated will 11am. Then we went to Labuan city to shop. I bought a 4-liter wine box for only RM28. Then I tried Budweiser too. Its only RM2.40 a can. And I bought chocolates worth RM60.

We only took one pathetic photo at the Waterfront before leaving Labuan. We were too busy with debate.

Ranau/Kundasang
This is Nabalu Stop. There are cultural shops there.

We went on Wednesday and came back on Thurday. We followed a tour. But it was a rip off. Next time no more following tours. But the scenery and air was totally worth it. It was way better than Genting or Cameron Highlands. I bought 2 ethnic necklaces and a musical instrument.
This was taken at the War Memorial. It was the place after the Death March of British and Australian soldiers during the Japanese Occupation. Out of 2000 soldiers only 6 survived.

We went to Poring Hot Springs as well. We climbed up a hill...went for canopy walk then went down to the hot springs.
This was the view from our homestay place. We did not stay in a hotel. We stayed at someone's house. It was comfortable. Isn't the view wonderful? I like it so much. This was at the foot of Mount Kinabalu. It was raining heavily and misty. So we couldn't see the top of the mountain.

1 comment:

MiNG said...

wow...so nice...the scenery so beautiful.I want to go too. Hmm...I come visit you then you take me there...haha.