Saturday, October 11, 2008

Silly

'Hui Ting, Aren't you going for the HACCP fieldtrip today?'.....'Huh? Is it today?'....'Yes, now to be exact. We'reall here waiting for you'...'What?!'....

Then I looked at the time. Its 8.05am. They were waiting since 7.30am. I TOTALLY forgot about the field trip. I got dressed and rushed down to catch a bus to my school. Then I ran helter skelter to the bus from the bus stop..about 200m. Luckily I wasn't the last one. Apparently, there was another 2 that didn't know that their names were submitted for the field trip.

Anyways, I went to a crackers manufacturing company. We looked at how the processing went. From making the crackers to packaging them. My duty was to keep a look out if the workers or the company broke any health rules, making sure the entire process is done under hygienic conditions and that the workers all wore gloves, caps and masks....The best thing is..at the end of the inspection, the manager of the factory gave us each a BIG bag full of crackers. All their products were in there. We were so happy. Everyone else was so envious of the packs that we got. It suddenly felt like primary school kids again. hahahahah....Pictures from this trip will be uploaded later because, the pictures are all in another coursemate's phone.

Then when I came back, I had my ethics assignment to pass up. I had class from 2.30-4.30pm. Deadline was %pm. I finished class at 4pm. So Cav and I thought that walking to pass up the assignment then take the bus back to the hostel. But due to my carelessness, I didn't realise that I didn't number the pages and didn't change the spacing to double spacing. So we wanted to reprint. One friend that wanted to reprint went to the library and told us that the queue is too long. So we decided that, I'll go back to print in the hostel and Cav will wait in front of the lecturer's office. If I don't come back by 5pm she will hand in the assignment. So, we spilt ways. I decided to try my luck at another place further away from the library. Walked there with my friend that wanted to reprint. But when we reached, the shop was CLOSED! So, now it is already 4.40pm.

We walked back to the lecturer's office. Cav was so happy I made it back on time but the thing is, I didn't reprint. So we handed in to the lecturer and told him the truth. All he said was 'How could make such a silly mistake?'. Ok, after we passed it up, we decided to try our luck in the library again(what perseverance huh). By now it is already 4.45pm. The queue at the library, to our discovery wasn't that long after all. If we had line up at 4pm, we would have managed to reprint and handed in time minus all the walking. So, we lined up and waited. It took longer than we expected because everyone was editing their things at the computer. I mean, hello, this isn't your personal computer, if you want to edit it, edit it before you come to the printing place. By the time we finished printing it was already 5.05pm. I ran all the way from the library to the lecturer's office. Climbed up a flight of stairs as well. Luckily he let us changed the assignment.

So, overall, it was a 'running' day. And all that could have been avoided if I wasn't that careless. I don't know what got into me. I'm usually not like that. So dissapointed in myself for making those silly mistakes.

No comments: