Sunday, June 29, 2008

UMS

How my hostel building looks like. All the hostels look like this
This is the Dewan Cansellor that I was writing about
My uni pamplet


I'm currently in my hostel writing this blog. UMS stands for University Malaysia Sabah. The uni is very big and has some nice building. I especially like the Dewan Canselor with its dome design. The uni is fairly new. Only 14 years old. I'm currently staying at the newest hostel which is also the furthest. Unfortunately, I'm placed on the highest floor..4th floor without an elevator. Can you imagine me carrying my luggage and groceries up and down 4 floors? Its damn tiring. And the room isn't even permanent. After a week's orientation, the students that are assigned the Labuan Campus will leave. There is a very high probability that I will have to switch rooms. I DON"T want that to happen. I like my room now fairly enough. I already unpacked half my luggage. I already cleaned my bunk bed. I even chose a nice place and for myself. If I were to switch, all my efforts here will go to waste. And the most important thing is that, I won't get to choose my bed as I think I'm only filling in the bed of the one that left. That means that most probably I won't get a nice place in the room.

I'm using the hostel Wi-Fi which is costing me RM1 per hour. Heck this alot more expensive than subscribing Streamyx at home. I can clock up to 5 hours a day. They sell the time credit ala phone credit system. As of now, I already used RM7 in just 2 days.That is going to be so costly for me. I'm thinking of subscribing to Maxis broadband that costs RM130 for unlimited access.

Its bye bye laptop for me for a week as I'm having orientation and I don't want to leave my laptop lying in my room. Not when there is key to lock the room until next week when we have our permanent rooms. I entrusting my laptop to the uni admin for a week until the orientation is over.

Writing off for now. Adios. Chao. Bis Naschte woche

No comments: