Friday, June 27, 2008

Hello and Goodbye

As the plane engine roared
I opened the enveloped
With blessings concealed inside
The plane took off the ground
So did my body
Somehow I did not feel complete
My thoughts were still on the ground
The ground that I've stood on for the past 20years
As tears pooled within my eyes
As Penang faded from sight
As I slid close the envelope
A new phase in my life has begun


Ok..that sounded very emotional, but that was what I felt on the plane. I was so touched reading the card my kiddy friends gave me. Quoting the card message"I sure do miss you"..I guess it is describing what I'm feeling now word for word. The scenario at the airport was light and sweet. I saw my friends got teary eyed and I looked away as I didn't want to cry. Once I got onto the plane and took out the card and read the messages they wrote, it hit me right in the heart..PANG..Tears formed in my eyes. I had to tilt my head back to avoid them from rolling down. There was no way I was going to cry in a fully boarded plane. I kept thinking in my head.."It's just for ONE semester and before you know it, you're back in Penang for your holidays and its only a 3 hour flight away" Somehow, that worked, maybe I'm truly cold hearted.
Three hours later, I was standing at Kota Kinabalu International Airport.

1 comment:

Eve said...

I din't know you are so poetic.. hahaha

Take care okie...3 month or 3 years, time flies :)