Friday, August 29, 2008

Tiring yet fun

Debate tournament is finally over. For preliminaries, my team came out first. It was surprising and shocking as we lost 2 rounds but we had the highest cumulative points overall. Went into semi-finals. And we lost by only 1 point although officially it was 6 points. But there were 3 adjudicators. One of them was a debate senior. He explained that the lecturers didn't really knew how to give the points. In reality it was just a one point difference. We lost on the grounds that we didn't give them a good impression. We weren't very convincing as the government. We didn't have the 'aura'. Our total points were higher than the other team that won but for semi finals they only took the verdict into consideration. Not the points. Today was the finals. It was so sad to see that if we were the ones up there, we would have gave a better debate. But we did learn a lot from this tournament.The debate tournament was from 26/8-29/8.

At the same time the debate is happening, I had to pass up my assignment and had a field trip and had a mid-sem exam. So while debating, I was worrying about all these things. I managed to hand in my assignment, went for the field trip and studied for my exam. But in the end the lecturer was absent. It was good that he was absent. I didn't even finish studying as everytime I opened the notes, I fall asleep right away because I was too tired. Right after I finished debate yesterday, I collapsed onto my bed and slept the entire afternoon right after lunch.

Now that exam is postponed, it actually means that I have 3 mid-sem exams next week. I don't think (at the rate I'm studying) I'll be able to finish studying for all 3 papers...SOBS

Now my friends and I are already planning where we're going for holidays next month and also next year. All because of the Air Asia free tickets, but when we actually log into Air Asia, there is no more free seats(DUH! it's just a sales tactic)But tentatively, we're planning to go climb Mount Kinabalu next May. There are rumours circulating that the price is going to shoot up crazily after June next year. I don't know why. I'm having headaches thinking

No comments: