Thursday, August 21, 2008

Pictures Pictures and More Pictures

Ok, I took a lot of photos using my friend's phone and I finally got them yesterday. Although it is a little too late, it is better than nothing.

First up : SST(School of Science and Technology)Family Day...ODEC Beach. ODEC beach is in my university itself. It's really really beautiful here

These are my coursemates.
We're making a mermaid. He was more than WILLING to be the mermaid

These are the sandcastles built for sandcastle competition. Does this look like a castle to you?This was built by my coursemates. I did not do any contribution towards the building of this castle. I was busy reading shopaholic and baby under a shady tree. Heck, I didn't even went into the water as I didnt bring any extra clothing.
Second : Karambunai Lagoon Resort for Kampung E Family Day. This was the disasterous day that my camera fell into the sea water. So, no pictures. Sobsssssss

Third : Pulau Manukan, Pulau Mamutik and Pulau Sapi. I went to these 3 islands 2 days ago. We were there for the entire day. 8am-5pm. A few hours at each island. We went snorkelling. The water is very very clear. The 3 islands have different types of fish and beach. Manukan is the biggest island, I think it is affiliated with Sutera Harbour, therefore you'll see a lot of foreigners. The sand is courser and the current is very strong. Mamutik is slightly smaller, it has a mix of local and foreign tourist. Sapi is the smallest, but it has a lot of foreigners as well. All 3 islands offers watersports which were so expensive(read:poor student) that we didn't play any of them. At sapi, the life guard took us very far out to the sea, to the place that divers pay RM250 to dive there, but we all swam there. However, all of us didnt have any flippers and he only took care of those that didn't know how to swim, so I was kinda neglected. I got lots of 'kisses' from the fishes at the 3 islands. Halfway through, I was already tired plus the snorkeling goggles wasn't so good that I had to keep on stopping to adjust it, I gave up and swam back. A guy, he accidentally stepped on a sea urchin. My friend had to rely on another guy to practically drag her back to shore. That was how tiring it was, but according to them it was worth it. The corals there were really beautiful. And when you sit at the beach in the water, there will be lots and lots of tiny little fishes swimming all around you.

At 7.30am at Jesselton Point
At one of the island. Not sure which one. But I think it is Pulau Mamutik

See the fishes?

This was at the first island, Pulau Mamutik.Burying people in the sand seems like the 'in' thing to do..


This was at the third island, Pulau Sapi. Can you see how clear the water is?
This was at the third island, all ready to go back to Jessselton Point(the jetty), Kota Kinabalu
On the way back from the islands

No comments: