Sunday, January 09, 2011

Annyoung!

Finally I am sitting down to blog about South Korea. YES! Finally I went to Korea after thinking about it for the past 2 years. Went there with my uni mates/room mates and crazy Ah Ping. My travel mates couldn't make it this time :(

Took Air Asia to South Korea amid fears of a cold war between the North and South. Despite all the fears globally, the South Koreans don't show any signs of worry. Instead, everyone was in Christmas and New Year mood with lots of shopping and festivities.

We arrived on 21st December at about 9pm. By the time we fumbled our way to the
hostel it was about 11.30pm. Nothing much to blog about there.

The next day after Ah Ping arrived, we went MyeongDong for some 10 hour shopping. Yes..10 long hours but we only came back with lots of make up stuff...like Etude House, Innisfr
ee, Nature Republic, Missha.

If you aren't familiar with Korea, get one thing straight. They are very singer idol obsessed. Hence, everything and I do mean relatively everything is advertised by some idols..Make up products, ski resorts, the subway etc etc.

And I got my first free hug in Korea too! From a German guy and girl in Korea. Talking about going global.


No comments: