Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last Day of 2008

Today is the 31st of December 2008. This year has been a roller coaster ride year for me personally. A recap?

The first 3 months were spent working at Delta. Tried to save as much as I could to make my holiday trip to Taiwan/Hong Kong possible.

February : Chinese New Year...nothing much. Had family reunion dinners..the usual stuff. Then we had a friends reunion dinner. At the end of February, 3 girls flew all the way to Taiwan/ Hong Kong. Very exciting and fun.

March : My grandmother passed away. She lived to a ripe old age of 80. I would say that she lived a full life. My STPM results came out as well.

April : Searched for a few private colleges and universities just in case I could not get a place in public universities. Went to Jakarta for 3 weeks.

May : Half of it was spent in Jakarta. I had a great time there.....shopping was good...eating was good as well.

June : Worried about university entrance. I got in finally. Prepared stuff for university and left Penang.

July - December : Longest time I ever left home. Stayed in Sabah for 6 months. Studied. Went sight seeing a bit in Sabah. Some days were great. Some days, not so great, but I pulled through

December : Went to Singapore with a lot of my closest friends for the very first time. A lot of relatives came to visit. Practically, I only at home just to sleep. I leave my laptop to download movies then I'm out the entire day then come back and sleep. and the cycle repeats. Ate a lot as well. All those hawker food that I missed so much. The downside, the moment I came back to Penang, everyone has been telling me that I gained so so so much weight.

Sad but true. I'll be leaving for Sabah this coming Sunday. Won't be coming back until May 2009. So, that is another 5 months away from home.

It's surprising (MAYBE) that time passes by so quickly. One moment I was worried that I would not secure a place in university and the next moment, I've already finished one semester in Sabah. Growing up (old to be exact) happens in a blink of an eye. Without noticing it, another year has come and gone.

My 2009 new year's resolution...

Top priority : Lose all those pounds that I piled on in Sabah. I've had enough of words torment from my family. But the truth is..any fatter and I'll have to start shopping for Plus Sizes.

Second : Train up my stamina so that I'll succesfully conquer Mount Kinabalu in May.

Third : Go holidaying in someplace new. Bali is in the plan somewhere. Just a matter of realising it. Kids...are you guys reading this? Start saving $$$$$$

Fourth : Improve my grades further or at the very least, maintain them. Improving is much better of an option though.

And that's a wrap for the year 2008.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Hope that the coming new year would be much better for everyone (despite the economic recession) $$$ money wise and healthwise. If you're low on the $$$ side, be grateful for staying healthy and being able to live and being around your loved ones. Money is not everything (but without money..there is nothing)

No comments: