Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Flies and Crickets.

Yesterday I bought 20 crickets and squated near the big rubbish bin to catch 3 flies. Don't you think it's a bit crazy? Anyway, today I killed one cricket and 2 flies with parafin. Then using forceps, I pinned them on styrofoams and put them in the oven. Am I too cruel? This is just part of my biology experiment that is compulsory for school. Soon I'll have to kill and preserve 25 more insects. One girl in my class caught a dragonfly. After she finished pinning it to the styrofoam, it moved. She killed it again with another dose of parafin(I think).

Crickets that I bought

Flies that I caught


Soon, I will have to disect rats. I've heard lots of stories about students disecting rats. Some female rats are pregnant because they saw the babies inside its tummy. Doesn't it just sounds cruel. I have to do a lot of good deeds to cover my sin killing these insects and animals.

No comments: