Monday, September 08, 2008

Money $$$

Today I went to check my CIMB bank account balance. PTPTN still hasn't given me the money. I called them in KL. It blardy cost me RM8 just for waiting and because they were giving me different instructions each time I called. I called last week as well. The person refused to check the reason. Today they told me apparently I gave them the wrong account number so they couldn't bank in the money for me. Sobs.. Anyway, they directed me to fax them my new account number and to confirm with another person from another department that was on LEAVE. They didn't tell me that until I called to ask if they gave me the wrong number as no one was asnwering the call. Arrggghhhh...RED TAPES..hate them...SO I have to call them again tomorrow to make sure they received my fax and ask when they are going to put money into my account.

Life currently is not so hectic. But there is no guarantee when it is going to change. Debate training has started after a week's break.

Since it's puasa, there are a lot of stalls in the cafe..I mean those that aren't around during normal days. I have been indulging myself these few days. Wonder if I have piled on the pounds. I had Bak Kut Teh too, last Friday after my mid-sem exam.

Speaking of my mid-sem exam, I made a stupid mistake. I wrote the right answer, then cancelled it, and wrote the wrong answer. How dumb can I get?

There has been some gruesome incidents happening lately. Then all those old stories are resurfacing. Last week, the police found the body of a 3rd year TESL student. Her body ( I heard) decomposed and had alligator/crocodile bites as they dumped her body into the river. Then the seniors started to tell us about the cases that has happened in the past (just last semester). The girl got kidnapped while on her way to church with a group of friends in front of Giant. Can you believe it? She got gang raped really badly. The police caught them while they were trying to flee and met an accident. She finally went crazy, was sent to Bukit Padang (Tanjung Rambutan of Sabah). Then rumours are circling that she suicided. Another case, which happened last week as well, there was this girl, she was walking back from the sports complex, which is very near to my hostel at 2pm, and some people tried to pull her into the car. Luckily, our cafe caterer was passing by and saved her. Then there's another one, a daughter of an inspector. She was kidnpped, gang-raped and had her genital cut and killed. How sadist can these rapist be?!!?!?!

Today I went for my english class. I heard a girl telling her friends that in her hostel there is this underwear thief. He steals underwears and leaves a note behind with his phone number on it! She called the number. It was a malay guy apparently, and he had the guts to tell her that the reason he stole the underwear was because he wanted to smell it..GROSSSSSSS. There are cases in another hostel that is outside of the university compound. He leaves a note there as well.

Kiddy Ju has bought me an alarm right after she heard the story from me. She worries so much about me(THANKS!). Even Eve also wanted to buy me an alarm when she heard the stories. And she gave me some advise as well. Fatten up or be aneroxic so that you won't be kidnapped. But I think these kidnappings are just random.

2 comments:

the homework eating cat said...

zomg, ur stories are even scarier than mine...

Eve said...

put a photo of ur dad in ur wallet or wear it around ur neck
when the kidnappers see, they'll be so terrified they wont touch you.

hahhahahah