Friday, July 21, 2006

Hospitalised

Yesterday's Chronology

15.00 : Washing flower pots for the school..being a slave as usual..
15.15 : Something bit me right at the butt
15.20 : Went to the toilet to check out my butt..saw the bite swelled like a 50 cent coin
15.25 : Feeling hot and itchy all over my body. Told head prefect that i'm not feeling that well and needed to go home
15.30 : Drove home while scratching every single part of my body..and feeling very hot..Looked at the mirror, my face started to swell as well
15.40 : Reached home and rushed to the toilet..squatted for like 10 minutes..asked my bro to call mum...Stood up and felt like fainting
15.45 : Bro went to call my our neighbour to send me to the hospital
15.55 : Mum reached home and sent me to Adventist herself..Straight went to ER
16.00: Felt very uncomfortable, felt like vomiting..
16.05: The nurses asked questions..asked me to sign some papers..took a look at my butt..I think at least 5 people looked at my butt yesterday..They said I am slightly feverish.
16.15: The doctor came..Asked questions again..And said I needed 2 injections. one to fight the toxins amd one for something else which i forgot. Still felt like vomiting.. but couldn't
16.20:The nurse came to inject me..One at the butt and one at the arm.
16.40: Everyone left me there..My eyes felt heavy and I was half awake and half asleep..Woken up by noises
16.50: A guy came to drew blood to check my allergies..Luckily I was in a dazed condition so I didn't really felt the pain. All I know is that he took a lot of my blood. Then I fell asleep again.
17.00: Doctor advised to stay the night for observation.
17.30: Went up to my room..My 'neighbour' was an old lady because all the wards are full so I had to stay at the old wing in the surgical department..Then the nurse came and asked if she can have a look at the bite on my butt
18.00 : My dad and bro came up to look at me...Watched some tv..Felt slightly better..The doctor came again to check on me
20.30: 2 of my buddies came to visit me..Luckily the swelling on my face had sudsided..thanks to my injection. If not they would be scared of my 'chu tao peng' face. The nurse came again to check my temperature and blood pressure
21.30: Everyone went back..I continued to watch some tv before I finally fell asleep
02.30: I woke up. Heard the nurse came to help to the old lady to the toilet.
04.30: Woke up again. It was the old lady again
07.30: The nurse came to wake me up. Told me get ready to meet the doctor as he's coming up soon.
08.30: The doctor came after I finished breakfast. Talked to my mum. Then explained my blood results to my mum. My cholesterol is slightly high and my potassium was slightly low.(Head filled with ???) Then he realised that he forgot to ask them to check my blood for hepatitis. So they had to draw some blood out again..I was like..damn..now that I'm awake I will surely feel the needle.
09.00: A girl came to draw my blood this time. Since this is the second time, she had to take it out from the other arm, but she couldn't locate my blood vein. Decided to take it from the same arm as the day before. She poked the needle in but no blood came out. She pulled it out a bit and tried the other direction, still nothing, then she poked it deeper..still nothing..Then she tried my other arm..Luckily this time, my blood came out..
11.00: My blood result is out. I'm hepatitis negative..yeah..Now the doctor says that I had better take injections to protect myself from hepatitis. (cold sweat dripping down)
12.00:The nurse came and injected it. I need to go back to the hospital for second and third injection...
13.30:I'm finally discharged from the hospital.
14.00:Writing this blog..

This is record breaking for me as it is my first time I experienced this kind of allergy and had to spend the night in a hospital and had 6 injections and had to skip school for the first time in my entire schooling life for being sick. And all this sums up to RM822.40

No comments: