Sunday, March 13, 2011

Life and Death

The line between life and death is really thin, maybe to the extremity of being invisible. In the wake of the earthquake that hit Japan on Friday, humans are once again being reminded that life is fragile and not many people appreciate their lives. Living a materialistic life, chasing after money, power, luxury; people go astray from the true things that satisfy their lives.

What comfort can your X-box, Wii and Nintendo give you? What can money buy you when everything else is lost? What can power do for you when there is no place to exert it? And yet we, humans chase these as if our lives depended solely on them.

We forget the simple things in life that satisfy us the most. A simple hug, a smile, a wink, making small talks..these little little things in life are the things that lifts us up when we're down. We fork out money to obtain things that do nothing for us. And we abandon things that are given away freely. And we complain about unsatisfactory lives, missing pieces to complete our lives.

While reflecting back on my life, if I was to be swept away by a tsunami right here right now, I don't think I have any major regrets in life. I've a lead a good life. I've traveled to many places. I am surrounded by people that loves me (no matter the distance between us). I guess I can say that I'm one lucky girl.

Have you lead a good life?

I feel like a big bear hug right now, but there's no place to get one.

2 comments:

Hui Ping said...

huggies....
hug hug.. i give u...
i want a big big hugggg too

Ting said...

hahahah...hug u back...but i really want a real hug.. =(