Thursday, August 09, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Today is my youngest brother's 14th birthday. His friends bought him a cake and pressed his face on the cake when he blew the candle...From what I heard, the practically the entire canteen was filled with the singing of birthday song. Anyway, enough about him.

My parents are away for week leaving behind my brothers and I. I had to practically take care of everything as in doing all the washing and cooking(only rice as we cater food) and ironing and stuff. It is really taking a toll on me. Imagine waking up at 6am to get ready for school. School ends at 2pm. Then it is time to take on the driver's job. Driving my brothers to tuition and to and from school. Even my homework has taken a back seat.

One thing that I would like to recommend you readers out there is to watch a film called Red Cherry. It's a movie about war and it revolves around a chinese girl and boy sent to Russia during the communist regime in China to study in an international school. Then one day, German troops came and invaded Russia. The special thing about this movie is that it really shows you what war is really about. It shows you directly how cruelly the Russian civilians were treated and bullied and killings of the young and the old that are weak. Mind you, there is no censorship or cut out parts that deny you from watching EXACTLY how the soldiers kill. You witness the cruelty and disaster war can bring about. This film is directed by a Chinese called Ye Ying. However, the catch is, the entire film is in Russian and German with bits of Chinese here and there. I had to depend on the subtitles to understand the film. Lesson learned(quoting from my teacher) : In the worst of times, it brings out the best in people, which is what the film is trying to convey to its viewers. You see sacrifices at the most noble and peculiar way. I really salute the director for coming up with this film. It really makes you think and reflect about independence and patriotism.

In conjunction with Malaysia's 50th independence, let's shout MERDEKA!!! with pride and glory and be thankful that Malaysia is a peaceful and war free country...

No comments: